So you’ve decided to enter the realm of video marketing. What’s next? Creating a unique brand identity video is an ideal launching pad. This short video (1-2 minutes), when carefully crafted to showcase your brand’s product or service, is an excellent way to share your content and can set your business apart from the crowd.
For your brand identity video to be effective, you’ll need to be concise, compelling and authentic. Your video should demonstrate how to use your service or product, and you want to make your point in short order. You’ll also want to explain how you are different from the rest of the pack—what you do better, more efficiently, more uniquely.
Tackling 1-3 ideas in a 1- to 2-minute video is ideal. Hit on your major points quickly. And use the proper balance of entertainment and content to keep your audience’s attention.
Becoming familiar with the elements below will help you prepare to create a compelling and effective video.
1. Intro – Be sure to share your business name, tagline and logo in your brief introduction. You’re aiming to look professional and become familiar in the span of 10 seconds. Because you have only a few seconds to generate interest, make each second count.
2. Script – Using a script will help you come across as knowledgeable and professional and will help keep you on track. Choose words carefully and be concise.
3. Animation – Make your video more entertaining with animation. Choose a style of animation that will also work for future videos. As mentioned in last week’s article: Consistency is Key.
4. Sound Effects & Voice Over – Sounds effects and voice over suited to your style and message can add a nice boost to your video. Explore examples and then create something similar but unique to you.
5. Authentic Language – Use language that’s authentic to who you are and how you speak. Always. And, make sure this language is in step with your image and in tune with your community.
6. Emotional buttons & Humor – Language that hits your customer’s emotional hot buttons by mirroring their key challenges and desired results will help you keep their attention. Humor goes a long way too, but again, make sure it’s in step with your image.
7. Graphics – Use unique and visually stimulating graphics to capture interest. Be sure these align with your image and message. If your budget allows, consider hiring a professional to incorporate 3-D graphics into your video.
8. Color – Your color choices started long ago, when you designed your logo. Following the consistency rule, use your business identity colors for the background, props and wardrobe.
9. Props – The clever and purposeful use of props can add surprise and authenticity to your video.
10. Give – While it’s tempting to focus your video on all of the awesome aspects of your business or product, your focus truly needs to be on what you have to offer your community. What do you have that will benefit your audience and how?
11. Music – Choose music that fits your image and use it consistently in the background, intro and/or outro.
12. Logo – This comes back to familiarity. Make sure your logo has a presence in your video, either at the start, the end or in the background throughout your video.
13. Environment – Choose a taping environment that represents your brand and will speak to your community, your target audience. Again, be consistent with your image.
14. Bloopers – Who doesn’t enjoy bloopers? Adding bloopers at the end of your video keeps you real. And it adds a slice of simple entertainment as well.
15. Call to action – Always allow time to ask your audience to take an action such as joining your email list or commenting on the video.
When your video is ready to launch, share it on the appropriate channels. You’ve worked hard. Launch it!
And let us know about your experiences making a video by joining our conversation below.
Want to know more about naming your business, branding your business, re-branding your business, branding a startup, creating a tagline, creating a manifesto, creating a vision statement, creating a logo, or anything else about getting your company where you want it to be? Please contact us today!
And be sure to join me on Facebook Live every Tuesday.