29 Examples of Vision Statements From Impact Brands
It’s been decades since Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his iconic speech in 1963, and yet the phrase “I have a dream today” is still widely recognized. One man shared his vision of a United States that would be free of racism. He dreamed of a day in time when everyone would be treated equally. His visionary leadership led to him receiving the Nobel Peace Prize and being named man of the year by Time Magazine in 1963.
Your business should share it’s compelling vision too. It should paint a picture about how, after all’s been said and done, your business will impact the world, and how you will know when you’ve reached that mark.
Most vision statements crafted by businesses today are self serving because they communicate about a business agenda for industry leadership, market growth and profitability but, they completely fail to include what’s in it for their customers and the world they live in.
The truth is, most customers don’t really care if you become the biggest coffee chain in the world. What they do care about is their health, happiness and the sustainability of the planet.
Aligning your business with a higher purpose is a significant opportunity to not only differentiate your business, but also rekindle your own passion for your business. Having a compelling vision to make the world a better place can make even the most boring businesses sexy and desirable to work for.
A company’s vision is a powerful piece of information to share that will help your brand build connections with its customers and invite them to be a part of changing the world. It’s a win win for your business, your customers and the world.
Check out this list of impactful brands looking to do good in the world, and the different ways in which they envision their future:
- 2nd Chance – To increase our impact year on year and positively change more lives by providing opportunities for people to live a happier, healthier and safer life.
- 7group – Harmonizing human habitation with the natural world.
- Acorn Aspirations – Maximising access for children to necessary tools and support in their aspirations to start an enterprise.
- Arkbound – a more inclusive, democratically vibrant and sustainable society.
- Artists Against Ivory – We imagine a world where animals have no reason to fear humans.
- Brands for the Heart – Bring love to business through brands that change the world.
- Brigade – To bring people together and nourish relationships through the power of great food.
- Cambridge Naturals – As part of our vision for a more just, equitable and sustainable world, we strive to partner with businesses owned by women and underserved individuals.
- Circle Collective – Circle aims to positively impact the lives of unemployed young people by providing a non-academic pathway into a variety of sectors, including business, retail and facilities management.
- CLAY (Cyber Learning and Attitude for Youth) – We envision a world where our youth are safe when using the internet, without being policed and controlled.
- Doing Social – Our vision and the social impact we want to contribute to is social and economic equality (entrepreneurship opportunities available and accessible to all); upward social mobility; stronger local economies; poverty alleviation; and community regeneration.
- Elemental Herbs – To harness the natural powers of the environment’s purest, most elemental ingredients and organic herbs in order to offer natural healing products that are good for people and good for the earth.
- Embrace – We believe that every woman and child deserves an equal chance for a healthy life.
- Energy for the People – helping to create and inspire a new energy market, which works for the people, by the people.
- Futurepreneur – Young entrepreneurs flourish within a fully supportive Canada and create economic and social value for Canadians and the world.
- GINA – Our vision is to bring hope, choice and opportunity to people affected by rape and sexual abuse through the sale of innovative products and events that will enable effective and authentic personal development.
- Green City Growers– We envision a world where rooftops and vacant lots become common and productive places to grow food – an agricultural revolution for a healthier nation.
- Kabrita – We wanted to create a company that would help parents nourish their intuition by fostering learning and dialogue that would help parents make nutritional choices for their children with confidence and joy.
- Keepod – Keepod envisions a world where all people can access information according to their needs and dreams, providing tools that will enable them to independently create better futures for themselves and their community.
- Kiva – We envision a world where all people – even in the most remote areas of the globe – hold the power to create opportunity for themselves and others.
- LIFT – We share a vision of a world where all human needs are met, where people have more time to play and enjoy each day and where life flourishes in the richness of a stable climate and resilient ecosystems.
- One Earth Designs – At One Earth Designs, our team holds the vision of connecting people more directly to the source of life and energy on Earth, the Sun.
- Our Community – Our vision centres around social inclusion and social equity. Our dream is that every Australian should be able to go out their front door and stroll or wheel to a community group that suits their interests, passions and needs – or log on and do the same.
- Rainbow’s End – To provide opportunity where there was no opportunity.
- SustainAbility – Our vision is a just and sustainable world for present and future generations.
- Three Sista’s – Our company philosophies are based on the principles of community development not commercial redevelopment!
- Vancity – Our vision is to redefine wealth in a way that furthers the financial, social and environmental well-being of our members and their communities.
- Vital Consult – To align our services with businesses that have a social and/or environmental conscience to help build a better future for all.
- Whole Foods – Helping support the health, well-being, and healing of both people — customers, Team Members, and business organizations in general — and the planet.
What’s your compelling vision statement? I’d love to hear in the comments below!